Friday, August 20, 2010

christians need to be compassionate

Hi kids:
Whether or not you agree with a person and their choices is your own decision. However, when you start calling them freak or wishing them dead, you are in fact being the opposite of what you should be doing.
There have been many acts of violence against gay and transgender people throughout the years, and there have always been groups of people who are christian either egging it on or being thankful it happened.
If you show such callous disregard for somebody's life like that, no matter if you agree with it or whether or not scripturally, you are not loving your neighbor.
You are, in fact, endorsing the opposite, and you will get to explain to God why when you could have been showing compassion you chose not to.
Imposing beliefs on others while showing hate and contempt is as bad as having done an act of violence yourself. Endorsing hate crimes is another way of saying "God doesn't love you, and neither should I".
I'm not transgender, nor am I gay. I am just another person who happens to call bullshit when I see someone preaching about how "God hates fags" and "aids cures fags". I am forced to wonder what part of love God with all your mind, body and soul and love your neighbor as yourself was lost on some of you who claim to be christian.
We need to be prayer minded persons who can show the love of God to anybody who needs it.
Right now, I can see people being murdered for doing something that is expressing themselves. I see people being shown not a shred of compassion by people who say on one hand "God is good" and on the other hand "He hates you, freak".
I acknowledge the good that some christians are doing, I also am here to say "not cool" to the ones who hate.
It's the same backwards thinking that says "Let's cure autism and make them more normal".
I truly wish that people would be able to empathize more and criticize less.
Maybe I'm asking for too much, but damn it, I think we owe it to our fellow humans to try.
That's me, and I'm out.
A.B.B.

No comments: