Saturday, July 5, 2008

my explanation

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.-john 3:16
Fred Phelps and the like obviously forget this passage when bashing people who are lesbian or gay or bisexual or transgender.
They use other verses to justify hatred.
Well, I say that whatever issues someone has to deal with is between them and God.
That means that based on this, I can say God loves us all.
Jesus was an outcast who also hung around outcasts.
Christians tend to forget the age old "judge not lest you be judged" and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
I say this because one on hand, they are quick to cast out someone as being immoral and have things to deal with themselves.
If God loves you, then as a good example, you had better be willing to love someone else even if you don't agree with the kind of person that they are.
Otherwise, you are being a hypocrite and a crappy example.
I've done it, and honestly; so have you.
I'm just willing to be honest about the fact that I have discriminated against various people for not fitting my expectations.
So, get your own house in order before trying to fix someone else's.
I frankly wish that churches had more people from the LBGT communities so they could learn compassion first hand.
I am not LBG or T, but I would want to think that the church could be more than an exclusionist club.
Jesus didn't say "fuck off, you're a tax collector" (they weren't particularly liked then) or "you're a filthy prostitute". But invited them to sit and eat with him since he loved everyone.
Christians are followers of christ.
So, set a better example or you might as well just form the "asshole club" it would be more honest.

No comments: